Ultimate Guide to Industrial Leasing
If you a company currently looking for an industrial unit for your business, then today we hope to be able to help you. Today we are going to be providing some great tips for those looking to lease industrial buildings, so that people can lease the best buildings for their business needs. Looking for an industrial unit in Yorkshire to lease? Keep on reading at your peril…
With many types of industrial property available, and so many different options to choose from, businesses must first of all determine how much space they need and more. From storage warehouses to commercial property, what is it that you are looking for?
How to Secure the Best Industrial Unit for Your Needs
- Location, location, location. You need to think about locations – Do you need to be in a city or town or does it not matter where you industrial unit is going to be located? There are many things that you need to consider when trying to determine a business location, from transport links and much more. Other things to look into include Enterprise Zones, Local Enterprise Partnerships and Business Improvement Districts.
- Before even looking at any industrial units for let you need to write down a list of what your individual needs and requirements are. Some of the things that you might factor in are: business growth forecasts, location, unit sizes, space configurations, specifications and technical requirements, heights, loading doors, rolling shutting doors, facilities, transport, parking facilities, security, environmental consideration, planning consent and budget.
- Once you know what you are looking for you should start to look for your ideal business unit, looking at a number of units and making a shortlist of properties before making any hasty decisions. Remember that the unit that you choose will probably be yours for quite some time.
- Don’t forget to think about costs, not only looking at costs for the lease of industrial units but also costs to run these units as you will find that running costs can vary from building to building dramatically. Think about business rates, BID fees, energy costs, insurance, repairs and much, much more.
- Don’t forget that like when buying an industrial unit when leasing one you can make offers. Try to get the best deal possible, and every little saving that you can make will make a huge difference to your company.
- Find a leasing company which specialise in industrial units and commercial properties, this way you will be able to tell them all of your needs and they will be able to assist you in searching for the most relevant properties.