Safety tips for moms to travel alone with child
Today, we live in a modern and digital world. With a plethora of options and means of safe and comfortable means to travel, travelling alone with a child is not a tough task anymore. Though the worries from friends and family is a source of concern, undeniably smarter moms have handled the situation with grace.
Many airline services offer special services like escort and cradles for single parents travelling with toddler. Nowadays, travelling is a part and parcel of one’s life, be it personal or professional. So completely avoiding the need to travel is no solution. Even for short duration flights like Pune Delhi Flights, taking care of your little one requires special care and attention. The whole process need not be impossible or harrowing if you know how to handle them.
- Be Alert: Travelling alone with a child demands you to be more alert. Teach your kids to stick close to you in the airports, at stopovers, or on flights from carriers like Spice Jet. Trust your intuitions and stay away from anything you feel suspicious. Be extra cautious if you get stranded at an airport.
- Inform your whereabouts: Keep updating your spouse, parents or a close friend about your whereabouts. Almost all the airports offer high-speed internet and posting a message takes less than a minute and can go a long way in ensuring your safety.
- Keep your phones ready: Ensure that your phones are in working condition and don’t forget to save important contact numbers you may need in case of emergency. Taking a printout of important phone numbers and keeping it in your suitcase is also recommended.
- Use traveler’s cheque: Carrying a lot of cash is quite dangerous. Obtain travelers cheque from your bank and leave behind all the cards that you may not be using during the journey.
- Get your child ready: Teaching them the full name of the parent and the hometown is not a difficult task. Keeping a printed copy of name and contact number of the parent in the child’s front pocket even while taking short flights like Pune Delhi Flights.
- Discuss on what to do if separated: It is essential that the kid doesn’t panic if separated from you. Teach them to go to a person in uniform or to a mother who has a child with her too.
- Stay in reputed hotels and motels: If the situation is such that you have to stay somewhere, go for a reputed one though it may be expensive. When you travel with your child, safety comes first.
In today’s world, the situations and circumstances are such that mothers may have to travel to distant and unknown places with her child. There isn’t any reason why one shouldn’t do it. These safety measures will be applicable on any flight including the ones operated by Spice Jet.
Apart from the safety measures, do not forget to carry essential items like food, milk, water, nappies, baby blankets, baby sling, baby wipes, baby utensils and spoon, disposable bibs and anything that your child may need.